Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Prince of Orangs: Take Two!


"Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! 
I've not grown accustomed to his face...  "

I just couldn't let well enough lie. As you may know an adult Orangutan has very dark grey skin and my chaps were just too light. So I once again took up the brush.


Of course when painting miniatures the trick with any dark color is to not make it so dark that the figure loses definition.

Also the historical Prince of Orange did not sport a mustache and my original Prince of Orangs was so painted...but an orangutan without his mustache just looks...odd.


So this time around I used Vallejo black mixed with Army Painter Ash Grey to varying degrees to darken the Prince's skin, with  Vallejo Brown Orange (or it might be Orange Brown!) mixed with varying degrees of Vallejo White to fix the facial hair situation.

Better? I'm not sure. However I am done monkeying around on these figures for now.

Yes. I went there!

Thanks for stopping by...again : )

No comments:

Post a Comment