Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Some Old Hammer Figures

These are all figures purchased in the late 80's, early 90's that I have painted over the years.

Goblin Raiders!
Painted the chariots when they were new.


Painted the wolf riders last year.


Love these guys for use as steppe  nomads.


Or just to augment a more traditional infantry heavy force.





Rogue Trader


A couple of plastic beakies flanking IG.


These IG are some of my favorites.

Giant and Dwarf Slayer


The Giant is my absolute favorite fantasy figure.


Never cottoned to those new "giant" giants that are all the rage now :)

Hydra


Decided to paint this one as a rainbow rather than a more traditional reptillian patter.


Its having the body of a giant lion sort of helped in that respect.




Chaos Champion on Palanquin


Should probably detail him a bit more but frankly can't be bothered.



Empire Knights


Back before plastic horses and outrageous armour.


Undead


Standards and a few others,


Liche from the Gothic Horror line with some friends.

 

Another Gothic Horror figure.
Or is he?
Think he is the Noseratu but he might just be a random Necromancer.

14 comments:

  1. Nice collection of some oldhammer figs. I remember looking at a lot of those covetously in magazines when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I remember seeing my first Citadel figures. They were Viking types and I thought they really looked strange. Obviously the look grew on me, and now I really enjoy the character they present. So much expression in both face and pose. So many I couldn't buy back then too. Glad I picked up what I could and held onto them.

      Delete
  2. Nice array! Particularly like the space orks. Those are even older than when I first got into minis...Time flies, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are soooo old...I seem to have forgotten the techniques I used to paint them! Rest assured they were learned from the pages of White Dwarf as my painting was pretty lackluster before then.

      Delete
    2. That rainbow hydra is brilliant. You wouldn't see something with that kind of imagination in White Dwarf!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful figures, love this stunning giant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. The Giant is an old friend who always speaks sort of slowly and takes a long time to decide what is going on much less what to do about it. Were he not so tall, strong, and therefore dangerous, he would be my best mate :)

      Delete
  4. Brilliant, but the rainbow Hydra is particularly inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tend to stay away from the flashy stuff but wanted to do something different there. At least I think that's what I thought at the time! Glad you like it.

      Delete
  5. They remind me of the stuff Mantic Games are currently doing with their Kings of War range. Love the Noseratu chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever sized Mantic vs. the old figures? Interested to know. Fortunately Alternative Armies has many old figures back in production, their own as well as the old Fantasy Warlords range and some others. Great source for old school figures that match the glory days of Citadel.

      Delete
  6. Wow - an eclectic bunch! Love the wolf riders and chariots in particular. Must get mine finished one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's nice to be able to work on these on and off, because one wants to, not because one needs them for next week's game...says I anyway :)

      Delete